- This event has passed.
Stream Functions Pyramid Workshop
August 11, 2015 @ 8:00 am - August 14, 2015 @ 5:00 pm$1400
This course is for individuals involved in stream assessment and restoration/mitigation projects and provides a framework for assessing stream functions. Participants will learn that stream functions follow a hierarchical structure, which has been organized by the following categories: hydrology, hydraulics, geomorphology, physicochemical and biology. The course starts with lectures and exercises on stream functions following the Pyramid Framework and then moves into applications. Participants will work with function-based parameters, measurement methods, and associated performance standards.
Learn how the framework can be used to:
- Improve project goal setting by focusing on stream functions rather than changes to dimension, pattern and profile;
- Develop function-based assessments to determine functional loss or gain; and,
- Develop stream mitigation debit and credit determination methods.
The workshop includes lectures, classroom exercises/discussion, and field exercises.
Who Should Attend?
- Members of Interagency Review Teams, In-Lieu Fee Providers and Mitigation Bankers
- Federal, State and Local Agencies with regulatory responsibilities
- Natural channel design and stream restoration practitioners