- This event has passed.
Climate Change Planning Resources and Funding
June 9, 2015 @ 3:00 pm - 4:30 pm
June 9, 2015; 3:00 – 4:30 pm AKT – Climate Change Planning Resources and Funding. Presentation by Hal Shepherd, Principle, Water Policy Consulting, focusing on a selection of climate change adaptation funding sources and other resources specific to Alaska. The Webinar will focus on programs and publications that directly address flooding, shoreline erosion, drinking water protection, infrastructure, relocation and water shed management and protection.
Application of Traditional Environmental Knowledge to Address Climate Change. Presentation by Emily Murray, Traditional Elder, Native Village of Golovin, focusing on the application of TEK to address watershed resources management and climate change planning.
1) Sources that provide data, planning guides, and other useful information;
2) Sources that provide face-to-face assistance with planning, design, engineering, or actual construction of facilities and infrastructure;
3) Funding sources whose main function is to issue and manage grants or other forms of financial assistance;
4) Dual-purpose programs or agencies that provide both technical and financial assistance.
5) Combining TEK and contemporary knowledge to develop and prioritize strategies for mitigating the impacts of Climate change and development on watersheds and increasing resiliency of Alaskan Native villages and other communities.
Contact: (907)491-1355 email@example.com