- This event has passed.
September 1, 2014
Alaskan Brewing’s 1% commitment supports the Coastal CODE Fund, which was developed in partnership with The Ocean Foundation, a nonprofit community foundation for the oceans. Focused on the western waterways and coastline of the United States, the Coastal CODE Fund grants money to projects and activities that promote:
- Beach, Lake or Waterway cleanup activities
- Water Habitat Restoration
- Ocean and coastal preservation
THE COASTAL CODE DOES NOT FUND:
- Projects outside of U.S. western coastline
- Grant requests that do not respect cultural integrity, especially of Native peoples
- Grant requests in which more than 10 percent is allocated to overhead, administration or infrastructure costs
- Grant requests that do not respect responsible use of natural resources
- Grants that specifically involve or are directed toward children or adolescents
We conduct a review of publicly available information and rate them across a 21-point due diligence checklist to evaluate the project’s management, financing, legal filings and other reports. We may also interview key staff.
HOW TO APPLY FOR A GRANT
The Coastal CODE Fund Advisory Committee meets four times a year to make granting decisions. Proposal deadlines are Dec. 1, March 1, June 1 and Sept. 1. The maximum funding limit is $10,000.
Please send proposals to email@example.com