The Prince of Wales Watershed Association invites SAWC to facilitate a community-based watershed project planning workshop in Craig Alaska.
Thanks very much to the leadership board and staff of the Prince of Wales Watershed Association and the staff of the United States Fish and Wildlife Service, the Tongass National Forest, the National Forest Foundation, and the Southeast Alaska Watershed for dedicating your time and energy to the two day workshop in Craig. It was an incredibly resourceful few days for participants, presentors and facilitators.
Workshop Topics Included:
- Sustainable Rural Communities and Coordinating Rural Networks
- Building Organizational Core Strategies, Capacities, and Structures
- The Watershed Approach
- The Watershed Condition Framework the U.S. National Forest assessment of Prince of Wales; Angela Coleman, Tongass National Forest, Craig Ranger District (USFS)
- Community-Based Watershed Assessments; John Hudson, United States Fish and Wildlife Service (USFWS)
- Strategic Partnerships and Project Funding; USFWS, USFS, SAWC and the National Forest Foundation