[tabswrap] [tabhead id=”1″] About [/tabhead] [tabhead_last id=”2″] Trainings and Workshop Links [/tabhead_last] [tab id=”1″]
The Watershed Coalition partners with diverse stakeholders to bring meaningful and resourceful trainings to Southeast Alaskans
The coalition organizes trainings in communities throughout Southeast Alaska that are identified by community practitioners and leaders and regional natural resources managers professional as necessary in order to move forward community-based projects and programs.
SAWC partners with local governments and tribes, state and federal agencies, non- profit organizations, environmental consultants and contractors, and developers to bring trainings that provide natural resources management professional, watershed practitioners and community leaders the resources and skills they need to promote the health of their community and watershed and bolster their local economies.
As a coalition of community based groups we believe strongly that our community leaders and citizens should be at the center of community watershed issues – not an outside entity.
Please contact us and let us know if you would like to partner with SAWC to work on watershed and wetland issues in your community.
[/tab] [tab id=”2″]
[list style=”orb” color=”teal”]
- Wetland Functional Assessment Training WESPAK-SE, Haines AK, 2012
- Community-based Watershed Approach, Craig AK, 2012
- Community-Based Watershed Forum, Juneau AK, 2012
- Aquatic Resource Mitigation Regional Policy Scoping Discussion, Juneau AK, 2011
- The 2008 Final Rule on Compensatory Mitigation, Wrangell and Petersburg AK, 2011
- Watershed Plans and Assessments, Craig, Wrangell and Petersburg AK, 2012 and 2011
- Introduction to Wetland Delineations, Haines AK 2011 [/list]
Contact us for more information on a “local watershed approach” and help bringing these trainings to your community![/tab] [/tabswrap]